The Montgomery County Senior Adult Activities Center is in need of a temporary part time kitchen aide with potential opportunity to advance to a long term position. This involves light kitchen work and little to no cooking on weekday mornings from 8 until 12:30. Must enjoy working with seniors.
Under general direction performs a wide range of food preparation and storage activities; assists in the coordination of kitchen staff and volunteers so as to ensure efficient and sanitary food handling operations.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality of all consumer and staff information.
- Turn on ovens, warmer, and steam tables.
- Prep MOW meals and put in ovens.
- Help with food delivery and putting food away, in steam tables, etc.
- Assists with Meals on Wheels packing.
- Review congregate meal menu for the day to see what might need to be plated later in the morning.
- Assist with packing of coolers and hot meals for drivers.
- Assist drivers who may need it getting coolers to their cars.
- Clean and store all MOW equipment returned by the drivers.
- Set out cold items for congregate meal.
- Observe and practice all food handling and sanitation regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Meals on Wheels Coordinators.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
Standard kitchen utensils; food packaging devices; ovens, steam trays and other industrial kitchen/bulk food preparation devices; large to medium hot or cold food containers or other devices necessary for the distribution of food stuffs to program participants. Safety precautions and equipment for consumer and personal protection must be used at all times.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Frequent mobility, sitting, standing, bending, stooping and reaching are required for extended periods of time. Requires repeatedly lifting up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity to operate food processing, packaging equipment and standard kitchen utensils. Requires eyesight and hearing correctable to within normal range.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
Works in a typical industrial kitchen environment.
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 22.5 Hours / Week. Fewer hours can be negotiable.