Join our Event Leadership Team for Relay for Life of Peabody/Danvers
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where485 Lowell StreetPeabody, MA 01960
Are you or is someone you know passionate about the fight against cancer? Join the Event Leadership Team for the American Cancer Society's Rely for Life of Peabody/Danvers!
We are in search of new members for our team! Specifically we are looking for someone who can help us with recruitment and engagement activities and serve as our "People Lead".
In this volunteer role, you'll be encouraging and motivating others to participate in Relay as team captains, participants, volunteers, and more! Our new People Lead should be an outgoing and energetic team player who is able to build relationships and make connections throughout the community. As a successful people lead, you'll help our Relay become well known throughout Peabody and Danvers and generate new interest in this amazing fundraiser which has been run for the last 24 years.
The 2017 Peabody/Danvers Relay for Life will be Friday June 15-16th at Peabody High School. You can learn more about the event here: www.relayforlife.org/peabodyma
So if you are looking to make a difference in your community and to help us fight back against cancer...WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! You'll be joining an experienced and passionate group of volunteers who are looking to make this year's Relay for Life their best yet.
Volunteers should be:
- Energetic and outgoing
- Great at networking and building relationships in the community
- Someone who motivates others to action
- A team player, ready to hit the ground running and make a difference in their community
What You'll Need to Do:
- Participate in monthly Event Leadership Team meetings which take place at the Higgins Middle School
- Help us increase the number of teams participating in this year's Relay
- Help us generate greater engagement among our team captains
- Support our sponsorship chair and spread the word among the business community
- Help us make this year's Relay the best yet!
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment