STEMpowerment For Young Women!
38 people are interested
Come join us in afterschool events that are geared to inspiring young women and girls to BE all they can be.
STEM Kids NYC will be facilitating afterschool programs and Saturday programs throughout the school year. Your roles will be, but this is not an exclusive list:
1. Helping young girls build an app that addresses an issue affecting young women and girls
2. Support them in gaining more confidence to try new things, and even fail at them, as failing is simply a first attempt at learning.
3. Engineering an invention that will revolutionize the ___ industry (the young engineers will fill in the blanks)
4. Engage in design thinking to build STEM solutions that address problems in society.
No STEM experience necessary, but it would help. We are looking to involve as many volunteers who can serve as those 'holding the space' and supporting the STEM-Fabulous participants in using their creativity and ingenuity to make things that inspire their mind, body, and spirit.
We'll work with your schedule.
422 Willow AvenueMustard Seed SchoolHoboken, NJ 07030
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Visual Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Wednesdays or Fridays, 3pm-6pm.