POSITION: Foster Parent Recruitment Volunteer
ORIGINAL DATE: 10/24/2017
REPORTS TO: Home Resource Coordinator
Assist with marketing efforts to recruit quality foster parents in the service area.
Serves as a role model in carrying out the Uspiritus mission.
- Assists in activities towards the fulfillment of the Uspiritus mission
- Creates atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Uspiritus
- Follows chain of command and is an effective team member
- Communicates directly with internal and/or external customers to assure proper resolution of concerns and satisfaction of inquiries
- Speaks positively of Uspiritus decisions, processes, and programs to outside consumers
- Supports other members of the management team and their work Assists Home Resource Coordinator with tasks and activities to increase the recruitment of Foster Parents for therapeutically leveled foster youth in the Jefferson County Region.Attends events to promote the Uspiritus Mission by participating in marketing efforts:
- CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Job Functions)
- Circulating informational material
- Holiday activities
- Back to School fairs
- JCPS Networking
- Faith-based Community
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
At least 21 years of age
Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Personal Reference Check
TB Skin Test
Successful interview with Community Based Leadership team
Ability to create as an internship for a college student in the Social Services Field or Marketing Majors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the Volunteer is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Volunteer is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The Volunteer must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
METHODS OF SUPERVISION
Frequent communication with HRC by phone, email, and face to face as needed to share information and resources. Attend CBS Marketing Meetings as needed.