Title: eChurch Membership Coordinator (volunteer)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The eChurch Membership Coordinator will play a crucial role in membership marketing, communications, recruitment and tracking for Three Winds Church (TWC). The Coordinator will also help with multiple projects to advance the church’s goals, such as assisting with Three Winds Church’s online advocacy efforts, supporting the production of TWC’s publications, developing social media campaigns and much more. This is a unique position that allows the right candidate to gain experience and skills from all aspects of a fast-paced organization. In addition, this person will have the distinctive opportunity to play a crucial supportive role in the development of membership recruitment and retention programming. As a result, s/he will need to be proactive, creative and collaborative, and be someone who enjoys working on a small, energetic team with clear objectives and aggressive goals that promote the organization and its values.
- Responsible for assisting the Membership Team with development and implementation of new member communications, recruitment tools and member benefits programs.
- Supports the research and writing of membership digital content, including newsletters, e-blasts, social media campaigns and website content.
- Tracks the effectiveness of membership marketing campaigns by helping to collect and measure campaign responses.
- Assists with reporting and/or providing insight to the TWC staff on current membership projects, development best practices and member tracking.
- Assists with the development and coordination of possible regional member cultivation events.
- Participate in planning meetings and contribute ideas for TWC newsletter content. Opportunities are available for publishing own articles as well.
- Responsible for proof-reading TWC publications, such as the newsletters, press releases and etc.
- Proactively seeks new ideas for TWC to develop in order to add value to membership with eChurch.
- Create a list of interesting and fun faith and LGBT facts for use across TWC social media presences.
- Help to maintain member files and record keeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly observes the online activity of model organization and research and reports on "social media best practices".
- Complete other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
- Uses social media platforms analytics tools to assess trends and activity.
- Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- A performance-driven personality with an eye for quality and detail orientated with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with programs and applications for basic word processing (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and etc.
- Very strong writing, copy editing and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Linkedin and etc.
- Available to work 15 hours per week.
- Experience with databases and data analysis preferred.
- Professional experience assisting with and/or developing marketing campaigns a plus.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to non-profit and development work is preferred.
- Dedication to improvement and a knack for problem-solving.
- A sense of humor is absolutely essential for long-term success.
About Three Winds Church PDX:
Three Winds Church (TWC) of Portland is a non-denominational all-affirming community of believers; followers of Christ who believe His’ grace and love reaches to the furthest margins of society, embracing all without prejudice or discrimination. Our mission is to be a community where like minded people gather for the purpose of worship, service, and fellowship.
For more information, visit www.ThreeWindsChurch.org
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 15 hours per week