Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
College Avenue Center is one of two thriving JFS older adult centers. Hundreds of participants enjoy daily meals, exercise classes, art classes, games, cultural programs, and live entertainment. CAC is a home away from home for many older adults.
Goal of Position:
Facilitate the Community College District BrainHQ curriculum (Posit Science or other) to a class of older adults which will provide cognitive benefits, including improving their memory.
- A great opportunity to work with older adults and teach them valuable skills to, "Think faster, focus better, and remember more."
- The benefit of knowing you are helping to improve the lives of older adults.
- Set up and take down laptops before and after each class.
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues.
- Teach lessons and monitor BrainHQ progress.
- Answer questions.
- Public speaking/lecturing
- Report student updates and concerns to College Avenue Center staff.
- Must be computer literate and have a basic understanding of computers
- Must feel comfortable teaching a class
- Have fun and enjoy being creative while patiently working with older adult population
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
- Complete Volunteer Interview and Orientation with JFS Volunteer Engagement Department
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the College Avenue Center
- Contact and observe (if possible) other brain fitness instructors for class content.
This position is weekly, Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:15 am - 11:15 a.m. Ideal candidates are able to make a minimum 4 month commitment.
Temple Emanu-El ● 6299 Capri Drive ● San Diego, CA 92120
Cyber Café Program Assistant
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Food Drive Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Hillcrest Distribution Volunteer
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Workshop Facilitator
- Data Entry Specialist-Community...
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Bingo Caller
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Cafe-rista
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...