Are you interested in working one-on-one helping kindergarteners with their math skills? Mississippi Elementary is looking for volunteers for the 2017-2018 school year to help Kindergarteners be on track with their math and ready for 1st grade. No experience required, just time, patience, and willingness! Working with students on reading may be added as well.
- This is an ongoing weekly commitment during the school day.
- Available times are currently 8:50- 9:30 am, Monday through Friday.
- We will work with you to set up your schedule.
- Ideally you would be volunteering through May 2018, but we are open to a 6-8 week commitment as well.
- Wednesday, 10/4/17, 6-8:30pm
- Friday, 10/13/17, 9:30am-12pm
- Tuesday, 1/23/17, 6-8:30pm
- Monday, 3/19/17, 9:30am-12pm
To sign up:
A) Register for the training: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwmtZ0t77Y4q55LdwmTrdV8IU_1blCM4qL22JSwB2o0YQOmg/viewform
B) complete Mississippi's volunteer paperwork: www.ahschools.us/volunteer, click on Mississippi Elementary
Ideally, the start date would be within a week or so of training.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Jessica Roerick - 763-506-3537 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Complete paperwork and attend one time free training