Want to manage the tech department of a rising journalism outfit?
WhoWhatWhy is looking for a motivated, tech savvy individual to oversee our IT division, part-time, and on a voluntary basis.
You will communicate with our software developers to ensure projects are completed, monitor technical glitches across various channels and report them to department supervisors in a timely fashion.
Fear not if you are not the most adroit coder, as your responsibilities are more managerial than technical. You should be familiar with Wordpress, rudimentary programming, troubleshooting and other basic techniques used at most digital organizations.
Aside from that, if you have a knack for leadership, strong organizational skills and the ability to motivate others and deliver work on time, we’d like to hear from you.
WhoWhatWhy is a great place to volunteer, especially for someone who has a part-time job. We’re a friendly bunch, highly motivated to do meaningful work in the public interest, imparting honest information to a public starved for it. We all work from our home locations and communicate remotely.
We’re powered primarily by highly capable volunteers who derive satisfaction from making a difference, gain useful experience, and develop gratifying relationships. As we grow, and with it, our fundraising success, pro bono work may evolve into partially or fully compensated positions.
To apply, send us your resume and a detailed cover letter that shows you have studied our brand and explains why you are qualified for this position.
What you bring:
- Familiarity with basic programming languages and troubleshooting
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- The patience to monitor multiple individuals, projects and processes
- A solid grasp of - and commitment to - our mission
You’ll get to:
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
- Hone your skills in internal communications and project management
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished coworkers
- Grow a network of contacts
- Have fun
- Make a difference
- Network Administration
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- IT Strategy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours a week
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- PUBLIC SPEAKING BOOKER