Are you looking for a meaningful way to give back to the community, and to make a difference to the future of the next generation? Do you want to be part of the efforts to assist young people from the underserved communities to excel in school and to go to college? ALearn is looking for passionate, eager volunteers to support our programs for low-income students!
We are currently looking for like-minded individuals to serve as ALearn Ambassadors and to support our outreach and promotional efforts. As an ALearn Ambassador, you will represent ALearn in outreach and promotional events; and to assist with our student recruitment efforts. We are looking for Spanish/English and Vietnamese/English bilingual individuals in particular to support our outreach to the Spanish- and Vietnamese-speaking communities in the Bay Area.
- Participate, present and translate in parent information nights held in schools and partner sites to promote ALearn programs and activities; and to help answer questions from parents and students.
- Participate and translate in special ALearn program events, including college inspiration events and end-of-program celebrations.
- Participate and man booths at community outreach events as a member of the ALearn team; talk to visitors and answer questions regarding ALearn and its programs.
- Support other special outreach and promotional opportunities in support of ALearn’s mission and objectives.
- Share the mission of ALearn in supporting underserved students to get on college track.
- Enjoy talking to people.
- Have a few hours to spare every month.
- Spanish or Vietnamese language capabilities (optional)
ALearn is a Silicon Valley-based education nonprofit founded with the mission to support low-income, underserved students to get on the college track. Since 2007, we have served over 9,200 students in the most underprivileged, disadvantaged schools of the Bay Area. In collaboration with school districts and nonprofit partners, we run a variety of afterschool and summer learning, college readiness and coaching support programs to help underserved students overcome their barriers and create a college-going culture in their communities.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- A few hours a month
- Must be able to attend ALearn outreach and promotional events.