Are you looking for a meaningful way to give back to the community, and to make a difference to the future of the next generation? Do you want to be part of the efforts to assist young people from the underserved communities to excel in school and to go to college? ALearn is looking for passionate, eager volunteers to support our programs for low-income students!
- Support ALearn staff through office and administrative tasks, such as file management and making copies.
- Input student data, such as parent phone numbers from Student Registration Form, and maintain confidentiality of data.
- Chaperone middle and high school students on field trips as needed.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Strong desire to help underserved, low income students
- Belief in the key values of ALearn
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- General familiarity with data and data analysis
- Fluency or working proficiency in a language other than English
- Experience working with middle and/or high school students
- A few hours a week at the ALearn office (flexible)
ALearn is a Silicon Valley-based education nonprofit founded with the mission to support low-income, underserved students to get on the college track. Since 2007, we have served over 9,200 students in the most underprivileged, disadvantaged schools of the Bay Area. In collaboration with school districts and nonprofit partners, we run a variety of afterschool and summer learning, college readiness and coaching support programs to help underserved students overcome their barriers and create a college-going culture in their communities.
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Child Care
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- A few hours per week.