High School Workshop Lead Volunteer - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
ChickTech Orange County is holding a two-day event for up to 100 high school girls in Fall 2018 on November 17th to the 18th. This event is a fun, positive learning experience designed to build participants’ confidence in their technical abilities, provide positive role models, and create connections with other young women from Orange County and surrounding areas.
The role of ChickTech Workshop Leaders is to create and lead a fun, creative, project-based tech/STEM workshop that leaves our high school participants with a strong sense of accomplishment and confidence to challenge the tech industry. The participants (high school girls) will be able to bring an item back home to showcase their accomplishment.
Topics may include (but are not limited to ) web development, Circuits, Arduino (C++), Python, Ruby, AndroidStudio (Java), AppInventor/App Building (drag and drop program). You can create your own workshop as long as the participants can take something home! This is not a lecture-based workshop.
The benefits: an opportunity to have leadership experience to put on your resume. Opportunities to network directly with ChickTech volunteers and staff across the US. Networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. Having a direct impact on the ability of the local ChickTech chapter to be able to enact its mission. Having a positive, direct impact in the lives of girls and women.
- Develop a two day workshop in either the tech field or career skills. Workshop will be 10 hours across 2 days.
- Communicate with the Workshop Manager about what supplies are needed and if it is within budget
- Work together with OC ChickTech's high school program volunteers to provide a fun, safe, and learning experience for High School girls
- Technical skills
- Knowledge about subject that you want to teach
- Communicating well with High School girls
- Volunteer Availability from (9am-5pm) for 2 days (16 hours total) unless you have a co-lead! Then you can split the times as needed.
- Willing to go through a background check
- Dedication to trying their best
- Tech Savvy
- Experience in the technology field
Do you feel inspired and passionate about creating opportunities for girls? Does this sound like an opportunity for you? Then please join us and apply!
Please note, we do not discriminate against gender or LBGQT.
For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Orange CountyIrvine, CA 92618
- Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Science
- Background Check
- 8-16 hours in the Fall 2018