The Board will support the work of Challenger Learning Center and provide
mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Currently, the day to day
operations are handled by the Board President, as we are a startup nonprofit
that has earned 501c3 status. However, the President of the Board and the
Board relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the
Board is both critical and expected. One year term expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the President as they develop and
implements Challenger Learning Center of Philadelphia’s strategic plan
- Developing metrics upon which the Challenger Learning Center of
Philadelphia can evaluate impact.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Challenger Learning Center
of Philadelphia for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its
performance and effectiveness; reviewing agenda
and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Ensuring Challenger Learning Center of Philadelphia’s commitment to a
diverse board and staff that reflects the communities the Challenger
Learning Center of Philadelphia serves.
- Attend and contribute to board meetings monthly. Attend committee
meetings as necessary.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Virtual time needed. One year commitment.