The Salvation Army is looking for a highly organized volunteer who can devote 2-3 days per week to administrative tasks. This person will be working on a variety of tasks, under the direction of our Regional Director of Development in the Fox Valley region. Some of the tasks to be done include:
1) Setup Dining for Good Club for St. Charles corps.
2) Place scripted phone calls to city dignitaries/donors about The Salvation Army of Aurora red kettle kickoff.
3) Research phone numbers to community partners in all four communities served (Crystal Lake, Elgin, St. Charles, Aurora) and build a database of information.
4) Place scripted phone calls to community partners about Breakfast with the Lieutenants/Captains events in December.
5) Research media contacts and update mailing list for press releases.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
The person for this position must be organized and proficient on computers/phones, as well as have the ability to work well under pressure.
For more information or to submit your Volunteer Application, please contact us by phone at 773-205-3532 or by email at: METVolunteer@usc.salvationarmy.org
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per week
- Organized, excellent computer skills