Harms Homework Help After School Program
- Description: homework assistance, tutoring, and mentoring for Harms Elementary School students. Homework can be various different subjects.
- Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Monday through Friday
- Student Age Range: 5 - 10 years old
- Location: Harms Elementary School Campus. 2400 Central Ave, Detroit, MI 48209
- Background check.
- Volunteer Application
- Bilingual skills are valued (Spanish/English)
Reoccurring Volunteer shifts - UNI believes that is critical to the development of a young person’s education to have one-with-one/personalized tutoring. Additionally, meaningful relationships between student and tutor do not happen in one shift, but rather reoccurring visits/tutoring sessions.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- 2 hours per shift!
- Willingness and excitement to teach and learn with youth!