HEAF is looking for a Finance Volunteer to assist the Finance Department.
- Actual vs Budget analysis - Prepare program worksheets, and variance analysis to assist staff with keeping expenses within budgeted limits.
- Reconcile GL accounts- Prepare detailed schedules to support totals in financial statements i.e payroll liability accounts, fixed assets, prepaid accounts, etc.
- Reconciliation of contributions and pledges - reconcile $1.4 million gala revenue and other events to clarify total raised, amounts received and amounts still outstanding.
- Assist with implementation of ADP, web- based Time sheet- transition from manual sign in sheet to keep track of attendance and paid time off.
- Grant Reporting - prepare budget and compliance reports as requested by donors
- Assist with monthly closing of general ledger - prepare journal entries, bank reconciliations to assist Director of Finance with meeting monthly reporting deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Completed 12 credits in accounting courses or 2 year related work experience.
- Detailed oriented and looking to grow.
- Gain & expand new skills.
- Support HEAF staff in their work.
- Learn about the internal processes of a non-profit.
- Receive academic credit if applicable.
- Expand your professional network.
- Be part of a lively, dedicated, caring, and passionate team.
Location: HEAF’s offices (2090 7 th Avenue, 10 th Floor, New York NY 10027)
Supervising Staff: Deirdre Bennett, Director of Finance and Administration
Time Commitment: open- office hours M-F 9:00 - 6:30
Other Requirements: U.S Citizen, Permanent Resident
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours - hours have to fall btw 9:00-6:30p
- Detail-oriented; knowledge of Miro. Excel; Completed 12 credits in account. or 2 yrs related exp