Bilingual Cultural Exchange Activity Moderator
7 people are interested
What are MIXs? Mutual Interest eXchanges
- Themed activities (food swap, photography walk, language exchange, etc.)
- Small groups (8 MAX) half locals and half travelers
- Always located in public spaces (ie. cultural/social centers, hostels, cafes, etc.)
Benefits of moderating MIXs
- Advocating for cultural exchange on a local level
- Valuable translation experience (LinkedIn, CV & reference letters for future use)
- Freedom to choose activities YOU'RE interested in moderating
For around one hour (depending on your activity) you'll function as the cultural liaison between local people and travelers. You're not a teacher, you're a guide!
MIX Moderators are responsible for:
- Choosing the activity, place and time.
- Promoting the event via Facebook/MeetUp/CouchSurfing (20 minutes)
- Show up to the MIX on time (early) to moderate the MIX activity (help with language barriers, encourage everyone's involvement, have fun!)
We're asking for a minimum 1 MIX activity a month, for 6 months. MIX Moderators who meet the minimum requirement will get a special Founding MIX Moderator badge on their profile and a FREE lifetime membership to mixmovement.com
Normal membership will be free for the first 12 months after it will be 1 euro a month or 10 euros if the whole year is paid up front. We will NOT sell user data or advertising, learn more at mixmovement.com.
Help us overcome the fear, bigotry, and xenophobia by uniting people because of their mutual interests! This is the MIXMovement - grow with us - discover people - discover YOU!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Anywhere inBerlin, Germany
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Minimum 3 hours a month.
- Bilingual, patient, motivated, self-starter