Front Desk Clerk - Headquarters Office (Long Beach)
Special Olympics Southern California would not exist today without the expertise, time, and enthusiasm of its volunteers. They are on the sports field guiding the athletes through drills. They are behind the scenes ensuring events run properly. And they are giving and receiving more high fives and hugs than they can count. Our field volunteers are awesome and our administrative scene wants in on the high fives too! The volunteer administrative support team enables us to provide excellent customer service to our athletes and community while helping us reach our goals.
- Assist the Headquarters (HQ) office by performing adminsitrative support including:
- Welcoming Special Olympics Southern California (SOSC) office visitors
- Answering phones in an enthusiastic, courteous professional manner
- Managing and scheduling the HQ Outlook calendars
- Sorting mail, and more
- Assist with pre & post event preparation.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- On-the-job training on duties.
- Continuous support from lead personnel.
- Administrative work is done onsite Monday-Friday from 2:30pm - 5:30pm (some flexibility).
- This role is ideally for one person at 10+ hours per week; however, we are happy to welcome a team of volunteers who can split up the week.
- 6 - 12 month commitment preferred.
- At least 18 years or older with a government issued ID (driver’s license, military ID or passport).
- Previous administrative experience (volunteer or paid) with computer usage preferred.
- Must submit an online volunteer application that will include a background check, online General Orientation and Protective Behaviors Training.
- Re-certification required every 3 years for background check, General Orientation, and Protective Behaviors Training.
- Gain knowledge and hands-on experience in a non-profit setting.
- Improve communication skills and time management within a work place setting.
- Meet new people and SOSC athletes.
- Be a part of the mission of SOSC.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills (ideally proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience working with copiers, scanners, and fax machines is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate professional behavior and skills to be successful in an office environment including a helpful attitude especially to callers on the phone.
- Ability to problem solve and handle complicated calls and provide appropriate solutions.
- Guest orientation, ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities and assist members of our population.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday
- 18 years +, background check, and General Orientation and Protective Behaviors Training