Volunteers play an essential role in making our gallery a welcoming and vibrant space for all. There are many ways to get involved!
Most volunteer shifts occur during gallery hours Monday-Friday 10am-6pm & Saturday 12pm-6pm. Volunteers of all genders are welcome!
Visitor Experience Volunteers welcome visitors to the gallery and offer information about our history and current exhibition. They also lend a hand in our Gift Shop by assisting customers, ringing up sales, and keeping things looking fresh. Visitor Experience Volunteers work a regular, assigned shift once a week or on alternating weekends for 2-4 hours.
- Greet visitors and orient them to the gallery space, current exhibition, upcoming programs, and membership.
- Answer questions regarding the history of Women & Their Work, as well as the current exhibition.
- Ensure that the front desk area is stocked with up-to-date materials.
- Provide customer service in the Gift Shop by answering questions from shoppers and completing sales transactions.
- Help keep the Gift Shop looking presentable by restocking items, polishing jewelry, and cleaning displays.
- As a thank you, our volunteers receive a 10% discount in our Gift Shop.
- Volunteers who donate 80+ hours in a year get complimentary Artist/Art Fan membership.
To get involved, please email email@example.com with your skills, interests & availability.
- People Skills
- Visual Arts
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2-4 hours per week