Help us educate the community on brain health, Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia--join the Alzheimer's Association Speaker's Bureau!
Speakers Bureau Volunteers act as the face of the Alzheimer’s Association, presenting educational programs at community gatherings, such as corporate wellness events, public health fairs, service club meetings, and other events.
Presentations are based on volunteer’s experience and may include "Know the 10 Signs," "Healthy Living for your Brain & Body," "Getting Connected," and "The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s Disease." Speakers Bureau volunteers are asked to observe education programs, co-present with staff, and then lead presentations on their own. Training and resource materials are provided.
If you enjoy educating the community, have experience with public speaking, and support the mission of the Alzheimer's Association, then this is the volunteer opportunity for you!
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours, including set up/clean up
- Must complete 4-6 presentations a year
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer