Direct Patient Volunteers will work with Hospice patients and their families to provide support services as indicated by the patient or family needs under the supervision of the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator.
These support services may include:
- Visiting patients at home/hospital/Skilled Nursing Facility, providing companionship and supportive listening
- Providing caregiver relief
- Helping with light housekeeping and running errands
Orientation is required prior to start and brief monthly education is also required. For the application and orientation process please contact us at 224.353.6270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For direct patient care, CPR certification, TB test and Background check are required.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Faith-based Leadership
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 4 hours a month minimum.