- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Thanks so much for your interest in helping to transport our wonderful rescued Labradors! Our transport volunteers are mission critical and the need is great. With your help, we'll be able to save more dogs in need. Here are just a few ways that our transport volunteers help HOTLR every day.
- pick-up dogs at shelters
- transport dogs to the Lab Ranch in Leander
- take dogs to/from vet appointments and events
- deliver dogs to a foster home or forever home
- sent via email, text, and social media to our entire pool of volunteers and supporters
- often are time-sensitive and date-specific, so please read carefully before you reply
- sometimes involve a relay or hand-off to another volunteer, so be sure to let us know if you can help with any part of the transport request
- loaner crates are available on request, but we also understand that not all vehicles will accommodate a lab-sized crate
- many (not all) requests begin, end or are round trip to the HOTLR Lab Ranch in Leander, TX
- each transport request is unique, so we'll be sure to send you the specific details when you volunteer
About Heart of Texas Lab Rescue
P.O. Box 81821, Austin, TX 78708, Leander, TX 78641, US
Our mission is to rescue Labrador Retrievers from shelters, pounds, abandonment, and other situations and place them in loving, caring homes.
The Heart of Texas Lab Rescue is a non-profit, all volunteer organization based in Austin,TX. The HOT Lab Rescue serves Austin, San Antonio and surrounding areas. All Labradors are neutered or spayed, current on shots, heartworm negative and micro-chipped before being put up for adoption.
We'll work with your schedule.
P.O. Box 81821Austin, TX 78708
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Time commitment varies per request