The Take Charge of Your Health Programs, Matter of Balance, and Walk with Ease are evidence-based workshops given two and a half hours, one-two times a week, for six-eight weeks. Workshops take place in community settings such as senior centers, churches, libraries and hospitals throughout Cook County. People with ongoing health conditions attend together. Workshops are presented by two trained facilitators, one or both of whom are non-health professionals with ongoing health conditions themselves. The workshops give participants the skills to coordinate all the things they need to manage their health, as well as to help them keep active in their lives.
Volunteers must commit to facilitating at least 2 workshops within a year of training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete facilitator training for your desired workshop (1-4 days)
- Work with co-facilitator to prepare, collect materials for, and lead assigned workshops
- Be on time, dependable, and report to assigned workshops as scheduled
- Maintain the confidentiality and sensitivity of participant information
- Collaborate with host site to recruit workshop participants when necessary
- Identify other potential host sites
- Be comfortable speaking in front of a small group
Schedule: Monday-Friday; Workshops are typically during daytime hours
Location: Throughout Lyons, Riverside, and South Proviso Townships
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to facilitate 2 workshops/year.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of a small group.