Engineering For Kids(r) of Metro Atlanta is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that brings the wonder and excitement of STEM education (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) to children ages 4-14 through a variety of hands-on learning experiences.
The mission of the organization is to prepare students for the global economy by providing programs focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The Graphic Designer Volunteer is responsible for work on a wide range of creative activities including brochures, print ads, banners, presentations, interactive tools, digital products in creation of a visual brand in promotion of organizational goals. The Graphic Designer Volunteer will report to the Marketing Chairperson but will also work with committee and board members.
Volunteers can work from home and must have access to the Internet as well as reliable transportation.
5 hours per week is required. This is an ongoing non-paid volunteer opportunity.
The graphic designer will work on creative demands with a creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Designing briefs that suit the organization’s goals
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive designs
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- Working collaboratively with Public Relations Volunteer, Social Media & SEO Marketing Volunteer, Committee Members and Board Members
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required.
Related Work Experience: a minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphic design, preferably in an agency or in-house environment.
Proficiency in the following tools:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Make a difference
- Meet different kinds of people and make new friends
- Be part of a community
- Learn new skills and build your portfolio
- Take on a challenge
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours per week is required.