Engineering For Kids(r) of Metro Atlanta is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that brings the wonder and excitement of STEM education (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) to children ages 4-14 through a variety of hands-on learning experiences.
The mission of the organization is to prepare students for the global economy by providing programs focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The Public Relations Coordinator Volunteer is responsible for creation of robust public relation programs with primary focus on Sponsorship and Donor programs. Goals include cultivating a positive organizational image and increasing brand awareness. The Public Relations Coordinator Volunteer will report to the Marketing Chairperson but will also work with committee and board members.
Volunteers can work from home and must have access to the Internet as well as reliable transportation.
5 hours per week is required. This is an ongoing non-paid volunteer opportunity.
The Public Relations Coordinator will facilitate a mutual understanding between Engineering For Kids(r) of Metro Atlanta and the public. This involves understanding the concerns of individual community members, interest groups, investors, consumers and government entities, as well as addressing them through strategic use of the media and direct communication.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Develop public relation campaigns and media relations strategies
- Edit promotional material and publications written by the Editor (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Manage public relation issues
- Monitor, analyze and communicate public relation results on a monthly basis
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or New Media or Public Relations.
Related Work Experience:
- Proven experience as a spokesperson
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Knowledge of procedures and information for public relations/communications strategy development, planning and execution.
- Knowledge of how the news media work (e.g., formats, deadlines, contact points, relationship dynamic).
- Ability to craft and deliver the Company's messages in a compelling way to generate positive media coverage or minimize impact of negative coverage.
- Knowledge of format and requirements of specialized writing styles (e.g., speeches, news releases, web content, position papers and consumer response letters).
- Ability to write effectively within required style.
- Experience in researching, writing and editing publications
- Ability to represent the Company effectively to the media and in public forums through verbal or written communications.
- Ability to prepare materials for the media and other audiences by selecting, revising and correcting copy elements.
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Make a difference
- Meet different kinds of people and make new friends
- Be part of a community
- Learn new skills and build your portfolio
- Take on a challenge
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Time Commitment 5 hours per week is required.