Foster care saves hundreds of animal each year at HES. Open your home and heart to a foster pet and give one of our most vulnerable animals a second chance. Animals in our foster program range from only a few days old to some of our most senior pets. Typically, animals that need a foster the most are abandoned litters of puppies and kittens, shy adult cats, animals recovering from medical procedures and pets who have been abused or neglected and need help coming out of their shells.We provide:
- All necessary veterinary care for animals in our foster program, including medications, vaccinations and medical care
- Plenty of support from staff and volunteers
- Supplies that are necessary based on the animal's condition
- Your time and space in your home
- Lots of love
Foster parents must be available to pick up and drop off the pet at HES as needed and bring animals back for placement in a forever home when the time is right.
Start saving lives today by contacting our Alternative Placement Manager, Chasity Garrett, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (423) 624-5302 ext 236.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on the age of the foster animal.
- Meet and greet for any dogs going to a foster home which already house a dog.