MindRight Coach Trainer
MindRight is a 501c3 nonprofit with the mission to empower youth of color to heal from trauma from systemic oppression. We provide personalized mental health coaching over text message to teens. Our coaches are volunteers who implement our Empathize-Normalize-Stabilize coaching framework to help youth build positive coping skills for managing traumatic stress.
Our coaches are not licensed counselors and do not need to have clinical backgrounds. Our trainers take coaches through 15 hours of robust training on our coaching model. Our trainers ensure our coaches are prepared to serve our students. As a trainer, you conduct trainings, track progress of trainees, provide individualized support to trainees, evaluate trainees’ progress, help decide when trainees should be cut, and support training logistics.
Our team is bridging the opportunity gap to make mental health support accessible to all youth. Your role is at the core of what we do.
- We value individuals with shared experiences of the youth we serve.
- Experience training, teaching, mentoring, or tutoring
- Experience working with youth in a supportive capacity
- Understanding of intersectionality and the role of systemic oppression in the lives of the youth we serve
- Appreciation for the needs and strengths of underserved youth and communities
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented. Able to hold oneself accountable and follow up on correspondences within 24 hours
- Excellent communication skills. Proven ability to think on your feet in responding to unexpected questions. Proven ability to clearly communicate the values of what an organization stands for
- Value diversity and inclusion in building teams; view difference as an asset.
- Proven ability to exercise astute judgment of people while being aware of one’s own personal biases
- Quick learner and proven ability to respond to feedback rapidly and constructively
- High emotional intelligence and proven ability to work through conflict
- Receive training on MindRight coaching (15 hours)
- Text one shift per week (2 hours/week)
- Train coaches 4-6 hours/week
- Report to Co-founder & Chief Operations Officer
- Performance Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6-8 hours/week
- Experience coordinating with remote teams