It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
130 7th Street EastSaint Paul, MN 55101
TITLE:Food Preparation Volunteer
REPORTS TO:Coordinator of Homeless Youth Programs
Someone that assists with cleaning, preparing, and serving items on the menu to the youth at SafeZone.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods according to clients' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Package take-out foods and/or serve food to clients.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to clients.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Clean Fridge & Rearrange Things Around In the Fridge to make it visible & neatly
- Prepare Food for the day 1 & 4 PM Meals
- Preparing Snacks/Sandwiches
Prepare Meals for the next day meal 1 & 4pm Meals
Position Qualifications & Typical Physical Demands And Working Conditions:
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- A team player with good communication skills
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Commitment to the volunteer opportunity
- Food Service
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 12:30pm-5:00pm M-F
Report this opportunity