General Description: The Community Outreach Volunteer serve as an ambassador of the mission of
Destiny’s Daughters of Promise by through interaction with with current and potential supporters and
partners. Responsible for developing strategic relationships for the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement an innovative community outreach plan that will target individual,
private, corporate, school and other organizations interested in working with DDP
· Identify and network with potential partners relevant to the mission of DDP through ongoing
research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with the strategic plans of
· Research and assist in developing plans for expanding the DDP presence
· Serve as an ambassador of the mission of DDP in the interaction with current and potential
partners and the community
· Attend community events and other venues such as schools, universities, civic groups and
business associations on behalf of the organization
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Two or more years of business development experience. Marketing experience highly desirable.
· Have successful partnership cultivation experience
· Proficient oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and comfort in working with diverse populations.
· Excellent computer skills for working with email, the web, and for utilizing the MS Office suite
(Word and Excel) and a database
· Maintains a friendly and helpful disposition and willingness to respond to schools and presenters
needs as they arise
· Be a self-motivated team member able to complete tasks with little supervision.
· Able to pass a background check
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 5 hours per week
- Strategic Planning Member for...
- Content Writer/Editor for Teen...
- Teen Leadership Symposium...
- Director of Communications for...
- Controller for Teen Leadership...
- Volunteer Bookkeeper
- Parent Liaison
- Love Working with Kids? Site...
- Teaching Assistant for Teen...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Teen Leadership Workshop...
- Governance Committee Member
- Part-time Clerical Assistant...
- Helping Teens Give Back!...
- Volunteer Coordinator...
- Fund Development Director for...
- Graphic Designer for Teen...
- Finance Committee Member
- Special Event Volunteers for...
- Love Managing Projects? Project...