Our volunteers make a huge difference in the lives of our children and families. The Shreveport Ridge Community is seeking enthusiastic individuals to help our Resident Programs Coordinator:
- Assist students with homework/literacy or numeracy activities
- Support students in STEM, arts/crafts/drama, and other creative activities
- Help facilitate fitness and recreation activities
- Help with preparation and distribution of healthy snacks/meals
- Ensure supervision and safety of child participants
- Report all incidents to staff
- Provide feedback to staff
- Assist with program planning, if needed
- Assist with program space set-up and clean-up.
- Genuine concern for children
- Tutoring/mentoring skills
- Creativity in engaging with and motivating children
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player
Daily program hours are between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. With occasional special events planned for nights and weekends.
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-10 hours a week.
- Must pass criminal background check.