CAKE enriches, engages, and educates students on life skills through practical knowledge and hands on experience in the culinary arts and the restaurant hospitality industry.
Through CAKE's programs, youth are empowered with the confidence and professional skills to pursue higher education and/or enter the workforce and to become ambassadors of health and wellness to their families and communities.
CAKE is in search of a talented student who is interested in leveraging their passion for helping others within the world of social media and marketing. This internship offers students the opportunity to support the agency’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin). Interns will be responsible for content development, daily monitoring & engaging, audience growth and helping out with CAKE events and other marketing efforts. CAKE’s social media and marketing intern will be trained and guided on strategic planning, best practices and social media monitoring/reporting tools.
Qualifications: A willingness to learn is a must! Applicants should also be creative, enjoy writing, have excellent communication skills, be reliable and dedicated to helping CAKE in their mission. This person will be introduced to what it's like to manage a company's social media platforms professionally - a great starting point for anyone interested in pursuing a career in marketing (esp. nonprofits). To be considered, applicants must have the following qualifications/skills:
Social Media Intern Responsibilities
- Work with the CAKE team to create and implement campaigns
- Manage and update all social media platforms on a regular basis
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Provide support at live and online events
- Engage in online forums
- Participate in online outreach and promotion
- Photograph events for social media use
- Optimize website and conduct keyword analysis.
Social Media Intern Requirements:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights a plus
Those looking to gain valuable online media experience are encouraged to apply.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Part-time on an ongoing basis