Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Do you believe in grassroots programs that leverage volunteer energies for a social good? Are you excited by events and production?
Reach the World is seeking a mature volunteer looking to advance his/her networking, fundraising and event management skills for a 'team lead’ position of Reach the World’s 2018 Benefit Committee.
This volunteer position (4-8h/week) reports to RTW's Development Manager. This position has a flexible start date between December 22nd, 2017 and January 2, 2018 and runs until the gala on April 4th 2018. The position is unpaid. The volunteer who secures the most donations receives two tickets to the event and is entered into the raffle!Responsibilities:
- Event Planning: Participate in bi-weekly evening meetings; lead the strategy for securing food & wine prize donations for the silent auction; manage other volunteers
- Travel, Food & Wine Industry Outreach and Donor Management: Reach out to donors in person, through email and over the phone to secure a minimum of 30 travel and/or food & wine prizes for the silent auction (hotel stays, plane tickets, travel luggage, restaurants, food/wine/candy/chocolate baskets, take-home dessert); leverage network to increase donations; manage relationships with donors in the travel and food & beverage industry
- Gala Volunteering: Volunteer at the event (unless you plan to purchase a ticket and attend)
- Organized self-starter
- Fearless communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Team player
- Experience planning events and/or volunteering with a nonprofit is a bonus
Reach the World makes the benefits of travel accessible to classrooms, inspiring students to become curious, confident global citizens. Enabled by our virtual exchange platform, classrooms and volunteer travelers explore the world together.
Every year since 2001, Reach the World has held an annual benefit to fundraise for the organization. The event includes cocktails, a silent auction, a sit-down dinner, and an award presentation at the end of the evening. This year's Cronkite Award will be given to a prominent honoree - stay tuned!
The success of Reach the World's event is entirely dependent on the volunteer Benefit Committee members whose work and creativity make the event possible. Volunteering for RTW is a substantive way to gain event experience, network with other NYC professionals, and give back to a good cause.How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. No phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in joining Reach the World on its exciting journey!
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment