Visitor Services Museum Engagement Volunteer
11 people are interested
Description of Role: The Kentucky Historical Society is seeking volunteers to assist staff with Visitor Services functions at the history center, Kentucky Military History Museum (KMHM), 1792 Store and the Old State Capital. They may also assist staff with rentals.
- Volunteers will assist staff during high traffic times at the various sites.
- Greeting guests, processing admissions, operating cash register at the entrance desks and in the gift store, answering phones, and stocking shelves.
- Assist visitors with room set up and answering any questions they may have.
- Assist in educational programs, preform museum introductions, facilitate the artifact investigation carts and monitor visitors in museums, accompany visitors to the Old State Capital and KMHM.
Skills needed to be successful: Good customer service skills, a willingness to learn and comfortable with computers. Dependable. Enjoy working with children.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week. March - May are very busy with school children.
Hours available to work: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm.
About Kentucky Historical Society
100 W Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601, US
Our Mission We educate and engage the public through Kentucky history in order to confront the challenges of the future.
Our mission is served through:
- Museum collections, housing more than 120,000 artifacts
- Oral History collection, containing 8,000 oral history interviews
- Libraries and Special Collections housing more than 90,000 published works, 16,000 reels of microfilm, 200,000 historic photographs, 1,900 cubic feet of manuscripts and 2,000 maps.
Our History Campus
The KHS history campus includes the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, the Old State Capitol and the Kentucky Military History Museum at the Old State Arsenal. The headquarters of KHS, the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History, was completed in April 1999. This 167,000-square-foot, $29-million facility in downtown Frankfort has welcomed more than a million visitors and earned many awards for excellence.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 W BroadwayFrankfort, KY 40601
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are 4 hours in length
- Morning and afternoon available