CAPI is a nonprofit located in South Minneapolis that works with immigrants and refugees. Formerly known as the Center for Asians and Pacific Islanders, we changed our name to CAPI USA, as we now serve individuals of all backgrounds. CAPI’s services include workforce development, civic and community engagement, health and human services, and food and nutrition. We also have the only Asian specific food shelf in Minnesota, located in Sabathani Community Center, where we serve hundreds of families every month.
As a food shelf assistant, you will be involved in multiple aspects of CAPI’s food shelf.
- Organizing shelves
- Sorting supplies and goods
- Distribute food and goods to participants
- Maintain basic workplace hygiene
- Assist in performing administrative
- Other tasks as needed
9:00am to 3:30pm; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Note: Actual food shelf hours are shorter. On Mondays, staff uses the mornings to prep for the week, and there is a gap for lunch on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Desirable (but not required):
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to speak a Southeast Asian language (e.g. Hmong or Vietnamese)
For further inquiry, contact You Lee at
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours
- Volunteers under 18 years old will need a signed parental permission form.