YALDA US Finance Intern
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNew York City/BostonNew York City/Boston, NY 10001
YALDA US Finance Intern
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to work directly with the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded : "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established by upper level and graduate Harvard University students in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa for developing positive leadership skills and to espouse an honest work ethic. YALDA US works on researching opportunities in Africa, fundraising activities, working with branches, maintaining relationships with UN and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c)(3).
YALDA US has a vacancy for the position of Finance Intern reporting directly to the YALDA US President. Please note this is an UNPAID internship.
The YALDA US Finance Intern is responsible for assisting us with our Fundraising and Grant Applications Research and Writing. If you love Africa and would love to see her develop, then this opportunity is for you!
- Support team members with database management, prospect research, and writing proposals
- Research funding opportunities
- Create marketing materials to showcase successes and prepare team members for meetings by conducting research and developing strategies
- Understand and create budgets and performance metrics as they relate to grant proposals
- Attend meetings at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City as a YALDA representative if living in the area
- Opportunity to work with organizations such as the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, The African Union, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and YALI
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- MUST have prior experience in grant writing demonstrated either through course work or as an intern etc
- Strong writing and research skills, coupled with an interest in grant writing and the nonprofit sector
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and accuracy of work
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external parties
- Work independently and tackle multiple proposals simultaneously
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
- This is a great opportunity for undergraduate, graduate students and working professionals
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Candidates preferably located in New York, NY or Boston, Massachusetts
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by February 28 2018. Please quote "YALDA US Finance Intern" in the subject line.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15 hours