Participating on a nonprofit Board of Directors is meaningful philanthropic work that not only contributes to the socioeconomic health and well-being of the community you serve, but also provides many personal and professional benefits that can catapult your career to the next level. Members of the GEC Board of Directors benefit from opportunities to:
- Place your member profile on the GEC website including head shot image and bio
- Expand your professional network by connecting with other members of the Board, committees, organizational staff, and community at-large
- Gain invaluable experience to add to your resume or curriculum vitae
- Raise your expert profile within your organization and industry
- Access ongoing professional training and development
- Strengthen project and team management skills
- Achieve personal satisfaction by aligning with a mission and vision close to your heart
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves a term of one calendar year with opportunity for renewal.
- Assumes a fiduciary responsibility for the operational health and efficiency of the organization toward achieving its mission/vision.
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings. Members in "good standing" attend 75% or more (9+) of regularly scheduled monthly meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fund raising for the organization according to GEC's Give/Get Policy: a minimum of $12K per year through a combination of personal giving and solicitation.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly 2-HR meetings plus committee participation
- Give/Get Fundraising Target