Purpose: The Reception Assistant provides regular, on-going support to the Facilities and Housing team. RA position would assist with 1 st floor and 3 rd floor reception: Greeting and directing guest, answering phones, explain CC services and serve as information and referral to the community, scheduling client meeting rooms, serve as a back-up for processing mail, moving walls for training rooms, restocking office supplies and kitchens, setting up new employee workstations. This person would also provide admin support to the housing /facilities/IT team: word processing, transcription of meeting minutes, compiling data and reports, and helping with IT program upgrades.
Location: Catholic Charities Clark Family Center
- Act as main entry receptionist in the Clark Family Center. Greet incoming clients and guests and direct them to appropriate locations within the building. Explain Catholic Charities programs and services to interested guests.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Provide information and referral services (including emergency assistance services as appropriate and available) to agency clientele.
- Assist with processing incoming and outgoing mail delivery for all programs of Catholic Charities.
- Provide administrative support services to the Admin/Facilities/HR/IT team, including but not limited to:
- word processing
- transcription of meeting minutes
- completing program outcome reports (includes collecting and analyzing data)
- creating and working with Excel tracking spreadsheets
- assisting in the scheduling of client meeting rooms and moving of walls
- maintaining filing systems
- Restocking of supply rooms and kitchens
- Ordering and distributing office supplies
- Assisting Facilities Coordinator with set-up of new employee workstations and board meeting set-up
- Assisting IT with program software updates
- other duties as assigned
- Support the overall mission of Catholic Charities
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisor: Sandra Perez, Asset & Facilities Manager
Length of Appointment: Minimum of 3 months
Qualifications: 18 years and older, state-issued Driver’s license, able to pass Criminal Background Check
Time Commitment: M-F 8am-5pm
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Facilities Coordinator will be available for questions and assistance.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- M-F 8am-5pm for minimum of 3 months
- Reception Assistant
- Refugee Kids' Homework Helper
- Set up apartments for arriving...
- Get Artsy with Low-Income Youth...
- Homework Helper for At-risk...
- Help Empower Adults to Make...
- Tutor Youth with Diverse...
- Help at-risk youth of color with...
- Help out in a preschool for...
- Assist Refugees in Resettlement