The Design Intern will be exposed to the design and purchasing work done by the Purchasing team within the Brand and Product Department. Working with Illustrator and Photoshop, the successful candidate will support efforts related to product development and messaging. Other possible projects might include graphic design, photography, and digital photo touch up.
Work done by the Design Intern would primarily be completed onsite in our Akron office location with the opportunity to perform some aspects and tasks offsite. The ability to contribute 10-20 hours per week is a plus!
- Pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to interact with and support Buyers in product development.
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent visual communication skills, including drawing and proportional accuracy.
- Strong 3-dimensional drawing skills for small objects such as jewelry.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Interest in and strong support of Ten Thousand Villages mission and goals.
- Graphic Design
- Product Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Ideally 10-20 hours per week.