Have you ever wanted to lend an ear to someone going through a very difficult time? Seasons Hospice is looking for Bereavement Phone Call Volunteers, and it might just be the opportunity for you, especially if you'd like to volunteer from your own home anywhere in Hillsborough County!
After a loved one passes away, Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care stays in contact with their family and friends for 13 months. We do this to make their journey a little easier.
So how does it work? Every month, we send you a list of phone calls. At your convenience, you will call the families to offer companionship and emotional support. You can call from your home, or use one of the phones in our Hillsborough office! Then, you'll return the log to your Volunteer Coordinator, or enter your report into our online database.
You will receive basic hospice volunteer training and specialized Grief and Bereavement training. All Bereavement Phone Call Volunteers with Seasons Hospice complete a background check, paid for by Seasons.
If this sounds like a meaningful opportunity to you, please contact us for more information.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- If you can Sew, we Sew need you!
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers...
- Hospice Volunteers: An Amazing...
- Life Changing Volunteer...
- No Patient Should Die Alone!
- Do You have a Certified Pet...
- Your Spiritual Presence is...
- Are you a Veteran, wanting to...
- Make Bereavement Phone Calls...
- Camp Kangaroo Volunteers
- Companionship Volunteers for...
- Office/Administrative Volunteers...