New Love Animal Rescue is seeking a Social Media marketer (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to assist us with growing our followers and develop a marketing visibility strategy for the organization. In order to garner the support, both financial and otherwise, we must drastically not only grow our social media presence, but come up with a solid plan to turn Facebook Likes into real support.
About The Organization
New Love Animal Rescue is a non-profit foster based dog rescue with the mission of saving dogs that find themselves displaced in rural shelters. In our short time span we have already placed over 250 dgos into loving homes with a 99% retention rate. We strive to continue our support post adoption to make this happen. For more information, please visit www.newloveanimalrescue.org.
- Keep abreast of events and activities occurring at New Love
- Identify relevant articles, campaigns, and current events to broadcast on social media
- Manage the organization’s social media accounts (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Analyze and report on social media and website analytics (e.g., through Google Analytics)
- Develop a strategy to increase New Love social media and online presence and ultimately generate sponsorship potential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Passion for animals
- Previous blogging/social media experience
- Familiarity with Google Drive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Photo Editing Tools (software will be provided)
- Familiarity with HootSuite
- Familiarity with Wordpress or other blogging software
- Awareness of current trends in social media and blogging
2 to 5 hours/week. Hours may be adjusted according to the organization needs.
This volunteer position will provide the opportunity to learn the logistics of nonprofit operations and develop skills in communications, marketing, and publicity. Volunteers will have the opportunity to build their portfolio and gain professional experience strategizing marketing/communications visibility for a nonprofit organization.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good. Desired Skills and Experience This position requires the following skills: Computer Skills, Phone Access, Animal Education, Marketing & Communications, Marketing Strategy & Planning, Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Animal Care / Handling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 5 hours