Clackamas Volunteers In Medicine
Position: Volunteer Medical Scribe
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator, Clinic Manager and Medical Director
Job Description: A medical scribe is responsible for capturing, in real-time, accurate and detailed documentation of patient encounters on the EHR system (Amazing Charts) for healthcare providers during clinic hours. A scribe allows the provider to give high quality care and attention to the patient diagnosis and treatment plan as well as optimize the provider’s efficiency and productivity. Training is provided.
- Accompany the physician during the office visit with the patient. You will be present for the duration of the visit with the exception of parts of the physical examination.
- Record the History of Present Illness (HPI), Review of Systems (ROS), Physical Exam, and Assessment and Plan.
- Enter/maintain the patient’s Past Medical History, Social History, Family History, Current Medications, and Problem List.
- Enter the visit diagnoses, lab orders, and prescriptions.
- Locate patient information such as lab tests, prior medical records, demographic information, etc. all via the EHR system.
- Ensure proper communication between nurses and providers regarding patients.
- Assist the provider in navigating the EHR.
About Clackamas Volunteers In Medicine
700 Molalla Ave, OREGON CITY, OR 97045, US
Since February 2012 the Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine Founders Clinic, the first free clinic in Clackamas County, has been providing medical services to the uninsured and underserved thanks to numerous volunteers, community grants, donations and community services from area hospitals and nonprofit medical and dental service provides.
We are a free health clinic, staffed by volunteers who are passionate about serving undeserved, low-income people of Clackamas County. We offer a place for patients to get well, and stay well.