Position: Volunteer Medical Scribe
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator, Clinic Manager and Medical Director
Job Description: A medical scribe is responsible for capturing, in real-time, accurate and detailed documentation of patient encounters on the EHR system (Amazing Charts) for healthcare providers during clinic hours. A scribe allows the provider to give high quality care and attention to the patient diagnosis and treatment plan as well as optimize the provider’s efficiency and productivity. Training is provided.
- Accompany the physician during the office visit with the patient. You will be present for the duration of the visit with the exception of parts of the physical examination.
- Record the History of Present Illness (HPI), Review of Systems (ROS), Physical Exam, and Assessment and Plan.
- Enter/maintain the patient’s Past Medical History, Social History, Family History, Current Medications, and Problem List.
- Enter the visit diagnoses, lab orders, and prescriptions.
- Locate patient information such as lab tests, prior medical records, demographic information, etc. all via the EHR system.
- Ensure proper communication between nurses and providers regarding patients.
- Assist the provider in navigating the EHR.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4.5 hour shift per week, T or W afternoon
- Compassion towards under-served communities, excellent keyboarding skills, interest in medicine