Are you a leader in your faith community? Become a Spiritual Care Responder with the Red Cross!
2 people are interested
The Disaster Spiritual Care Responder provides disaster spiritual care support to individuals and families who have been impacted by a disaster. Positions open in Prince Georges, Montgomery, Fairfax, Arlington and Alexandria counties as well as DC.
* Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis, regardless of one's faith tradition.
* Participate in local responses, such as providing support to a family who has experienced a house fire.
* Be involved in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
* Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
* Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection to local resources.
* Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
* A disaster spiritual care provider from a National VOAD member organization; OR
* A professional or Board-certified chaplain; OR
* An endorsed leader in a local faith community
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Faith-based Leadership
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training