Birdlet Foundation is volunteer driven organization. Volunteers make up 100% of Birdlet Foundation workforce. Whether you have a weekend to help, want to gain/share the knowledge, have technical or non-technical expertise, there is a volunteer role suited to your unique interest.
We have several roles which can be performed remotely from anywhere. If you don’t have skills, we will provide you the training on how to get started.
We gather at the following location for sign up, introductions, review,
Location: 2 nd Floor, South County Regional Library, 5801 Rea Road, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Please bring your own device (Tablet or PC or Macbook or similar). Smart phone not required.
- You need to attend-in-person one introductory session to get you started. After that, you can volunteer from anywhere.
- We will meet at 2 nd floor in the South County Regional Library. Look for the table with Birdlet sign or text 309-533-0629 if you can’t find the table.
- Please sign up through x2Vol before you show up. Sign up will allow us to notify on event changes, cancellation due to unavoidable reasons such as weather, etc.
- Write content copy for blogs, emails, social media posts, donor reports, website copy, digital ads, and others.
- Writes and/or edits timely responses to news and thought leadership pieces from volunteers, partners, and outside contributors.
- Write compelling messaging to position the organization as a thought leader and credible source of information.
- Create and generate interesting content for website blog and newsletter.
- Proofread and edit all communication materials including newsletters, events pages, campaign letters, and social media accounts before they are published.
- Create and design all the graphics for website, print and electronic media, events, newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Create and edit InDesign documents for presenter guides, one-pages, posters, programs, events, etc.
- Create graphics including illustrations, diagrams, and charts
- Review and edit print and digital material prepared by Birdlet for accuracy of information and adherence to design standards.
The Volunteer Coordinator will implement all aspects of the recruiting and training of volunteers for Birdlet Foundation.
- Assist in recruitment and screening of volunteers.
- Recruit volunteers to commit to one-day, short-term, and long-term volunteer projects
- Oversee all volunteers and track activities and hours served
- Handle inquiries for information regarding volunteer opportunities
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 3-5 Hours per Week