Tri-Cities Area Road to Recovery Volunteer Coordinator
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Tri-Cities AreaJohnson City, TN 37604
Donate Your Passenger Seat to help save lives.
Be a hero. Help coordinate volunteer transportation for cancer patients.
- Serivce CoordinationMonitors requests for transportation, contacts volunteer drivers to coordinate assignments.
- Provides status and necessary documentation concerning filled and unfilled transportation requests.
- Works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to ensure accuracy of volunteer records and transportation requests.
- Ensures timely communication to staff partners, volunteer drivers and patients when issues occur.
- Assists staff partner as needed with ongoing assessment of program policies, procedures, availability, community demand, and potential program enhancement
- Assists staff partner as needed with assessing available transportation alternatives in the community.
- Participates in program evaluations as requested.
Volunteer and Community Management
- Assists staff partner as needed with recruitment of volunteers.
- Assists staff partner as needed with recognition of volunteer drivers.
- Works with staff partner to maintain good relationships with healthcare professionals and other groups in the community.
- Abides by the guidelines and policieis of the American Cancer Society and the program including privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Responds to questions from new volunteers, and provides appropriate information to support their development in a timely manner.
- Successful completion of initial Volunteer Coordinator Training and updates as needed to ensure compliance with program standards and guidelines.
- Pass background check
- Knowledge of transportation options in the community.
- Ability to respond to requests for Road to Recovery rides within a defined timeframe.
- Ability to keep accurate and organized documentation
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Access to email, phone and internet required.
- Appreication of and respect for diverse backgrounds, cultures, lifestyle of patients, caregivers, volunteers and staff.
- If a cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment.
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varies with area - contact local staff partner
Report this opportunity