Tri-Cities Area Road to Recovery Volunteer
4 people are interested
Be a hero and make a difference in the lives of others! Volunteer to give a cancer patients a much-needed ride to treatment and you'll be the one to get a pick-me up.
The Road to Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Notifies the Coordinator of availability, request acceptance and completion.
- Coordinates with the patient at least one to two days prior to the accepted ride request and provides ride as agreed upon.
- Completes all necessary tranportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society's privacy and confidentiality policies.
Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84 and have
- A good driving record
- A current, valid driver's license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Complete an American Cancer Society training course
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- If cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment
About AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
250 Williams St. 4th Fl, Atlanta, GA 30303, US
Our mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
Relay For Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Relay is staffed and coordinated by volunteers in more than 5,200 communities and 20 countries. Volunteers give of their time and effort because they believe it's time to take action against cancer.
The money raised through Relay For Life events are used to fund live-saving cancer research, patient support programs, prevention information and education, and detection and treatment programs.
We'll work with your schedule.
Tri-Cities Area - TennesseeJohnson City, TN 37604
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred minimum of 2 rides per month.
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance, access to a safe and reliable vehicle.