Tri-Cities Area Road to Recovery Volunteer
3 people are interested
Be a hero and make a difference in the lives of others! Volunteer to give a cancer patients a much-needed ride to treatment and you'll be the one to get a pick-me up.
The Road to Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Notifies the Coordinator of availability, request acceptance and completion.
- Coordinates with the patient at least one to two days prior to the accepted ride request and provides ride as agreed upon.
- Completes all necessary tranportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society's privacy and confidentiality policies.
Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84 and have
- A good driving record
- A current, valid driver's license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Complete an American Cancer Society training course
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- If cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment
We'll work with your schedule.
Tri-Cities Area - TennesseeJohnson City, TN 37604
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred minimum of 2 rides per month.
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance, access to a safe and reliable vehicle.