Director of Human Resources
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to empower and inspire every woman and girl to be her personal best. Our mission is to embrace the potential of all women and girls by providing: Positive Influence, Learning Opportunities, Community Partnership, Leadership Development.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for establishing and coordinating all aspects of the human resources function, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, training volunteers
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Recruit prospective volunteers and coordinates the selection process; ensuring all interviews, background checks and related processes are completed in a timely and legally sound basis.
- Maintain accurate confidential employee records, including job descriptions and related forms.
- Assist with exit interviews as requested and ensures termination paperwork is completed;
- Conduct new perspective volunteer Open Houses on a monthly basis
- Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching the team
- Identify and update policies and processes for more efficient operations
- Develop human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results;
- Identify and Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including recruiting, staffing, employment processing, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 5-10 years’ experience in human resources
- 3+ years’ experience in a HR leadership position
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, HR policies and procedures
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week
- Project Manager
- East Garfield Park Opportunity...
- Manager of Fundraising/Corporate...
- Facilitator for Professional...
- Legal Council
- Near Southside Opportunity to...
- Forest Park, IL Opportunity to...
- Database Administrator
- Director of Fundraising
- Teen Girls Program Mentor
- Executive Director
- Director of Operations
- Director of Philanthropy
- Human Resources Manager
- IHSF Blogger
- In Her Shoes Foundation Giving...
- Volunteers Needed for...
- Volunteer Coordinator