Media Relations Volunteers act as the eyes and ears of the Alzheimer’s Association, monitoring local news outlets for opportunities to engage the media in telling stories or sharing information related to the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Media Relations Volunteers are needed throughout the 8 county area that the Greater Sacramento office serves: Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, El Dorado, Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Nevada, and Amador.
Projects include monitoring local newspapers to identify topics related to the Alzheimer's Association mission; monitor other local media (broadcast, internet, social) and identify ways to engage; identify local media members who report on dementia, Alzheimer's disease, and other relevant topics; under direction of Communications staff, reach out to local reporters with news and information; write or coordinate others to write Letters to the Editor; and assist with placement of calendar items.
This would be a great opportunity for a volunteer with a Communications background, or is a current Communications major.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- One 2-4 hour shift weekly
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer