Goodwill's GoodTAXES program is looking for people to fill a variety of volunteer positions at our tax sites. The best part? No previous experience is needed! We provide all the training you will need to help us make a big impact on our community.
So what opportunities are available at a tax site?
- Want to help but not really a "numbers person"? No problem! We have Greeter and Customer Service Specialist (CSS) positions that are an integral part of our program. Greeters and CSS's welcome clients to our tax sites, review client paperwork, and keep our sites running smoothly. Only one afternoon of training is required for this position, so it's an easy way to get involved with the program
- Are you fluent in more than one language? Put your skills to work as an Interpreter at our tax sites! Along with being a Greeter or CSS, you would also serve as an interpreter between our clients and tax preparers. You must be fluent in English as well as a second language. Our biggest needs are Spanish and American Sign Language
- Are you wanting to learn how to prepare a tax return? Awesome! We provide free tax law and software training to get you ready for the season
To learn more about these positions, please go to www.goodwillni.org/good-taxes and click the volunteer link to see our volunteer job descriptions
So what's in it for you?
- You will get to see an immediate impact on families in our community!
- We often have food, gift cards, and other giveaways thanks to generous donations from community businesses
- It's a great way to meet new people in your community!
- It can be a great way to gain experience for those that are looking to enter or re-enter the workforce.
- We have day, evening, and weekend volunteer shifts available that can fit anyone’s schedule!
So what's next?
Sign up! Go to Goodwill's GoodTAXES webpage at www.goodwillni.org/good-taxes and click the Sign up online link. If you have questions, please reach out to the Financial Programs Manager, Jason Haller, at 815-987-6205 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you at our tax sites!
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We ask volunteers to give 20 hours over 12 weeks.