Fisher House Volunteer Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
5 people are interested
1. Assignment Title Fisher House Volunteer at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia
2. Purpose of Assignment: To provide support and promote wellness to all Veteran families lodging at the Fisher House and assist staff as needed.
? Check guests in/orient to Fisher House
? Clean areas that need attention (sweeping and blowing porch areas)
? Give tours of Fisher House
? Accept donations/write up donation form
? Straighten shelves in living room cabinet/family room cabinet (books, dvds, games, etc.)
? Visit with families/patients
? Put orientation packets together
? Put Fisher House bags together
Provide a meal for the guest
4. Time Commitment Monday-Friday (8.am. - Noon), (Noon-4p.m.), (4p.m.-8p.m.)
? Pass a background check
? People skills, energetic.
? Orientation to Fisher House, Checking guests in, processing donations, emergency procedures.
6. Training and Skill Development
? Initial and annual volunteer training.
? Assignment specific training
Fisher House Manager
Volunteer reports to: Fisher House Manager
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Position office location at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 1 Freedom Way Augusta, GA 30904.
? Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
? Structured recognition/awards program
? Annual Flu Shot at no cost
? Eligible to join credit union
? Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
We'll work with your schedule.
Augusta VA Medical Center1 Freedom WayAugusta, GA 30904
- Veteran Care