Fisher House Office Assistant Volunteer Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
5 people are interested
The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center is a two division medical center located in Augusta. We provide primary care, acute care, and long term care planning for our Veteran patients. Voluntary Service is all about volunteering, donations, and creating opportunities for all of us to give back and care for our Veterans. Whether you wish to volunteer or wish to donate materials or funding to benefit our Veterans, we are the place ot start. Our volunteer program covers all aspects of the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center. We seek to create volunteer positions that are rewarding and purposeful for all volunteers. Veterans need and deserve the best we can give them. We stand ready to help you make a difference in the lives of our Veterans.
1. Assignment Title Fisher House Office Assistant Volunteer at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia
2. Purpose of Assignment: To provide support and promote wellness to all Veteran families lodging at the Fisher House and assist staff as needed.
· Check guests in/orient to Fisher House
· Clean areas that need attention (sweeping and blowing porch areas)
· Give tours of Fisher House
· Accept donations/write up donation form
· Straighten shelves in living room cabinet/family room cabinet (books, dvds, games, etc.)
· Visit with families/patients
· Put orientation packets together
· Put Fisher House bags together
Provide a meal for the guest
4. Time Commitment Monday-Friday (8.am. - Noon), (Noon-4p.m.), (4p.m.-8p.m.)
· Pass a background check
· People skills, energetic.
· Orientation to Fisher House, Checking guests in, processing donations, emergency procedures.
6. Training and Skill Development
· Initial and annual volunteer training.
· Assignment specific training
Fisher House Manager
Volunteer reports to: Fisher House Manager
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
Position office location at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 1 Freedom Way Augusta, GA 30904.
· Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
· Structured recognition/awards program
· Annual Flu Shot at no cost
· Eligible to join credit union
· Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
We'll work with your schedule.
Augusta VA Medical Center1 Freedom WayAugusta, GA 30904
- Veteran Care
- We will work with your schedule!