Scope : The Finance Department is responsible for the IRC in Dallas` financial accounting functions and the oversight of the financial accounting processes of the office to support programs. This includes ensuring financial transactions and statements are completed timely and accurately in compliance with GAAP / IFRS, and that accounting records contain the information necessary to meet reporting requirements to internal management and donors.
The volunteer position is within the Finance team and will support the team with various projects and month end close responsibilities.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager the volunteer will :
- Prepare journal entries for check insurance;
- Reconcile inventory with records to ensure accuracy of records;
- Assist with researching, follow-up and resolving outstanding checks;
- Assist in various Accounting/Finance related projects as needed;
- Any other duties as assigned;
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6-10hr/wk during normal business hr (min 3 months)
- Hard working; Knowledge of Excel and Word; Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred;