What if you could get paid while making an impact, gain skills and experience that will help you stand out to future employers and have an once-in-a-lifetime experience...all at the same time?
Since 1994, more than 1 million Americans have given 1.3 billion hours of service through AmeriCorps. It is a unique opportunity that offers up to one year of paid service for those entering or re-entering the workforce. OneOC, in partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service, is proud to offer AmeriCorps fellowships.
As a OneOC AmeriCorps member, you will have the opportunity to build the capacity of Orange County’s most prominent nonprofits. AmeriCorps programs provide members with valuable work skills, leadership development and a pathway to future opportunities.
Why this Matters to you?
- You are looking to serve your community and country
- You want to take action and impact the lives of others in a positive way
- You want to offer solutions to tough local issues and be constructive
- As a graduate, you are evaluating options for next steps, and seeking a productive role to utilize your skills
- As a retiree, you may remain involved, supplement your retirement income, and help others succeed
What you Get?
In exchange for a year of service, AmeriCorps members earn a modest living allowance and an Education Award ($5,815) that helps pay for college or pay back student loans. AmeriCorps members have earned more than $2 billion in these awards since 1994.
- Living Allowance (up to $15,000)
- Health Benefits (if applicable)
- Childcare Subsidy (if applicable)
- Student Loan Deferment (if applicable)
- Free Leadership Development Trainings from OneOC
- Networking opportunities
- Educational Award (up to $5,815) upon successful completion of term (up to two terms of service)
What you Bring?
The most successful in this position have had one year or more of college experience, strong leadership and communication skills, good technological skills, possess ingenuity and a can-do spirit, and are energized by serving others.
- Members will serve 35-40 hours per week for up to 1 year of service
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must clear all criminal background checks (DOJ, FBI, & NSOPW)
- High-school diploma (BA/BS preferred)
- English language (Bilingual preferred)
- Ability to travel to various locations for training and service (all expenses paid by host site)
- Have served no more than two terms in an AmeriCorps State or National programs
Take the next step
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgdRkzLKlPM
SIGN ME UP! Go HERE to create an AmeriCorps Login & Application Profile: https://www.oneoc.org/volunteers/americorps
OneOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OneOC was founded originally in 1958 as Newport Bureau of Volunteerism, the very first community service project of the Junior League of Orange County. Newport Bureau of Volunteerism then became the Volunteer Center Orange County.
In 2010, the organization rebranded to become OneOC, signaling our expanded services to nonprofits across the county. Since our early beginnings, we have developed ways for people to best use their valuable time and talent to help others. OneOC holds a 58-year track record of encouraging people to become personally involved in making our community a good and welcoming place to live, work, and raise a family.
Today, we have grown and matured into the largest and most comprehensive of the 250 volunteer centers nationwide, partnering with Points of Light Institute, HandsOn Network and California Volunteers. In 2015, OneOC launched the Center for Business & Community Partnerships, which helps companies build and grow their giving and employee volunteering programs.
Company Website: www.oneoc.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 11 months, 1700 hours